Ashfield — Early Mills Of The Last Century
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
A grist-mill on Bear River, and another on South River, a half-mile north of the "Plain" village, and saw-mills as follows: one on South River, half-mile from Conway line; one near Buckland, now owned by Jonathan Howes; and two in "Spruce Corner."
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
29 Jun 2005