Warwick — Geographical
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
Warwick, bedecked with hills, occupies the northeastern corner of Franklin County, and has the State of New Hampshire on its northern boundary, Worcester County and the town of Orange on the east, Orange on the south, and Northfield and Erving on the west. The town is as yet innocent of railways, the station nearest the centre being Wendell depot, six miles distant, and because of the general mountainous character of its surface is likely to remain so for some time to come. The town covers an area of 21,350 acres, and embraces the entire original tract of Gardner's Canada, save the section in the southern portion set off to Orange in 1781.
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
14 Jul 2005