Shelburne — Public Library
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
The Arms Library, founded upon an endowment of $5000 bequeathed in 1859 for its perpetual use, is free to the inhabitants of the town, and is a highly-valued privilege. A social library which had flourished for several years previous to 1858 was, upon the creation of the Arms library, merged in the latter. The library rooms are conveniently located in Bank block, at Shelburne Falls village, and contained in March, 1879, upward of 4800 volumes, at which time the Arms fund amounted to $5400.
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
08 Jul 2005