Orange — Geographical
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
ORANGE, the fourth in population of the towns of Franklin, lies on the eastern border of the county, and is bounded on the north by the town of Warwick and the county of Worcester, on the south by the town of Orange, on the east by Worcester County, and on the west by Warwick, Wendell, and Erving.
The taxable area of the town comprises 20,297 acres, and it measures in length about fifteen miles from northeast to southwest, varying in width from three to ten miles.
The Fitchburg Railroad, following the course of Miller's River, enters the town on the west, and crosses it in a south-east direction
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
03 Jul 2005