Gill — Geographical
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
The town of Gill lies a short distance northeast of the centre of Franklin County, in the great bend of the Connecticut River, by which, and Fall River, it is surrounded on three sides. Its superficial area is 8396 acres. On the north its boundaries' are Bernardston and Northfield, on the south the Connecticut River, separating it from Montague and Erving, on the east the Connecticut, separating it from Northfield, and on the west Greenfield, from which it is separated by Fall River.
No railway touches the town, but railway communication is easy of access at Bernardston, Turner's Falls, and Northfield Farms, neither station being more than four miles from Gill Centre.
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
10 Jul 2005