Conway — Geographical
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
Conway, one of the largest towns in Franklin, with an area of about 23,000 acres, lies on the southern border of the county, and is bounded on the north by the town of Shelburne; on the south by Hampshire County and the town of Whately in Franklin; on the east by the town of Deerfield; and on the west by the towns of Ashfield and Buckland. The Troy and Greenfield Railroad touches the northeastern border of the town, along which also flows the Deerfield River. The nearest railway depot is Bardwell's, in Shelburne, a station on the Troy and Greenfield Railroad. Conway was in 1790 the third largest town, in point of population, in the county of Hampshire,—now embraced within the counties of Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden.
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
14 Jul 2005