Charlemont — Charlemont Library
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
Charlemont Library was opened to the public in February, 1879, with nearly 100 volumes. It is controlled by an association, legally organized in December, 1878, and has for its first officers E. A. Field, President; Hiram Temple, Vice-President; C. S. Cooley, Secretary; S. W. Hawks, Treasurer; Jennie Baker, Librarian; Lysander Hillman, Hiram Temple, and Miss A. W. Maxwell, Book Committee. The members number 40.
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
15 Jul 2005