Bernardston — The Universalist Society Of Bernardston
Extracted from "History of the Connecticut Valley in Massachusetts, Volume II," by Louis H. Everts, 1879.
The Universalist Society Of Bernardston was organized in 1820, and in 1823 the present church edifice in Bernardston village was erected. A church organization was not effected until 1872. The pastors have been Revs. Jacob Wood, John Brooks, Orin Perkins, H. B. Butler, Edwin White, John B. Thompson, Edward T. Danforth, Lucius Holmes, and E. W. Coffin, the latter being the pastor in 1879.
These pages are © Laurel O'Donnell, 2005, all rights reserved
and cannot be reproduced in any format without permission
This page was last updated on
17 Jul 2005